Mondays? Seriously? No.


You are standing in front of a crowd.
You can hear no sounds; you have blanked them out completely.
No silent murmur from the spectators, no familiar sounds to comfort you.
Just silence.
The only thing you can hear are the rapid heartbeats, pounding loudly in your chest.
You clench your fists. Tightly hold the paper in between your palms, while pulling at your top out of nervousness.

I experienced the above situation today. Pleasant may you ask? No, not really.
But I thought I'd mention it, see if any of you have been in a similar situation.
It was a very busy day today.
Despite my bag ripping in the middle of a corridor, with the contents tumbling out and scattering over the floor, today was quite an eventful day.
Despite my theory of "typically long, stupid uneventful Mondays", I must admit that here, I proved myself wrong. It was an eventful Monday for once.
The beginning of a beautiful, interesting week.
Or so I hope.

An expression I tend to use is... "Keep the shark at bay". I will not go into detail of explaining this. It is rather complicated.
You are probably wondering by now, then "why does she even bother mentioning it?"
Well, there I go, contradicting myself.
As usual.

I have come to the interesting conclusion that some of my friends are mad. Not saying that I am not, but anyway.
Well, one especially.
She knows who she is. She is best known as a cactus, and if you have read my previous posts you will know why.
So, today she decided to attach this huge file of notes, to help me "study". Not like I want to.
I'm the kind of person that writing endless pages of scribbles does not help me in any way.
A prefer reading it instead.
In any case, this huge attachment was.... impressive.
I can't believe someone spends some much time on something that although is so important, is not always appreciated by everyone.
So, to you cactus, a mega thanks and a wow. I will be telling you tomorrow.

So, my sister finally showed some interest in my blog.
Zoe, that is. She seems very excited about it. And I am proud, even though I am only a year older than her.
Just felt like mentioning that too. Showing her some respect even though she is in the same house with me at the moment.
Oh deary me, what has the world come to?

I realized that March the 1st is edging closer and closer by the minute.
It is not taking baby steps, creeping up behind February's back, instead, it is speeding on a motorway towards us.
Spring is on its way, and so is the good weather hopefully.
I'm sick of wearing all these layers. They way me down.
I wish I could just slap all these layers, but that would end up in me slapping myself, which wouldn't be very clever at all, would it now?
No, I think not.
I really need to tone down these odd tendencies of mine.

Do you know what is pure bliss?
Well, we firstly know that the law of my blog is the following - "Ben&Jerry's is a lovely mix of delicious magic."
That is a law.
Follow it if you like. I mean, you don't have to obviously. I would never force you.
I'm just urging you to pop into the local co-op, and buy some magic!
Continuing...

The pure bliss for me today, are magazines.
The texture of them, the glossy covers, the way your fingers tenderly flip the pages, one by one, savouring the crispy-ness of each new page.
The way the words flow, in endless articles, and the way they make you want to buy things, own things, have things.
Not that this last point is potentially good. It makes people materialistic- relying on objects only.
Which is a shame really. In my opinion that is.

Yesterday, I took a stroll into the centre of town.
Not that I live in a town. I just think that taking a stroll in a "town" is better sounding than a stroll in a "city".
You probably don't understand this.
I don't always understand my own thinking process either.
It is due to my cloud brain, as usual.

You are probably wondering by now, why I keep referring to my brain as a "cloud".
Well, this is to do with many complex reasons.
For example, imagine you are standing in a field. Clouds, fluffy ones, are surrounding you, and the view is misty, so your view is limited.
I know this is not a good metaphor, and it is not a valid personification for my brain either.
All I am trying to say, is that my point is that my brain is cloudy at times; you never know what is going on in there.
It is because my mind has a mind of its own.
Failing attempt of making a humorous joke there.
Let's just scan over than. Of no importance whatsoever.

Right now, I am in my "I really want to..." mood.
For example, at the moment, I really really want to go stand in a field, and go blackberry picking.
I used to when I was six years old. But this urgent want is probably due to the fact that I'm reading a poem about blackberries as we speak. Figures, doesn't it?
I also want to sit on the battered floorboards of a porch (there I go, sitting on the floor again), located in a teeny town of South Carolina, watching the golden sun set on the horizon, while sipping on freshly squeezed lemonade and carelessly strumming a guitar.
Why can't the summer hurry up and arrive already????

No Vi, no.
You see, I have to try and control my impatience once in a while.
It is like I am holding an hourglass, and constantly shaking it, in order to speed up time.
Like that is going to get this summer any closer.. Ha. I am mistaken.
The hourglass you see, is very delicate, made of the most fragile glass, and due to my impatience, I drop the hourglass. It breaks. Shatters.
Fragments of are now shining on the russet planks, as the rays of sun glint.
By now, the sand of the hourglass is now also scattered on the floorboards.
Sand. Sea...
Here we go again. That is a song actually.
I think you must be enjoying this once again, failing attempt of a metaphor.
Oh, I'll get the hang of it one day.
That day may take some time to arrive though.
Doesn't matter. Practise make perfect they always say.

I am sitting at the kitchen table at the moment.
The bulb above my head is bothering me; it is making this low buzzing noise- similar to the hum of the fridge. It is also due to the fact that it is very dim.
That needs to be changed. Must make a mental reminder of that.

However, there is something on the other side of the kitchen, which is looking at me.
Not looking; staring. Staring intently.
I try to ignore this, but I cannot.
What is staring at me? The banana cake, which is gently laying on a platter, ready to be consumed.
Oh, Zoe, why did you have to make it? See what you do to your poor, lonely sister?
You're making her indulge on unneeded meals.
Blah. Why not.
Its a Monday today.
Right?
Right.

I hope you immensely enjoyed my long, long post, but I just noticed something very odd.
Very odd indeed.
My kettle, which I cherish, has a dent in it. A dent. A dent!
My tea? What is going to happen with my tea?
I better be going now, before I start freaking out on you.
Mondays make me act weird.
That is my conclusion of the day.

Ta Ta,
and have a great eventful Monday evening,

The Victoriaaa xxxxxx

p.s. do you like my door/window.? :P It reminds me of summer :)
Night!

4 comments:



Anonymous said...

THE SHARK :P YEY< MY REVISION GOT MENTIONEDDDDDDDDDDD!! lol u slapping your layers <3 I never read magazines... the last time i read one was to find a jar pic for art.. BLCKBERRY PICKINGGGG im gonna make myself dream about that tonight, for sure. I love your metaphor about sand and hourglas... very visual. LMFAO YOU TEA hahaha :D The window looks mistirious *.*

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX*cactus boogy*XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Unknown said...

Hi,
I like your blog very much
mine is about the State of Michigan
http://www.michiganasiseeit.com/

Jan

The Onlooker said...

It sucks that your bag ripped. I mean...thats just cruel...sorta

But it seems you've taken a quite insightful look at your Monday, so even if was worse, you still learned something

Awesome

Victoria Adora said...

Thanks to both of you!

Jan,
I will surely check out your blog!

To The Onlooker,
Yeah.. it did suck that my bag ripped, but its okay..
How was your Monday?
:)