Printemps? Yes :)


La La La.


It is a Tuesday.
Which does not really signify any important event; just the fact that I can sleep in and lounge around the house really makes my day.
But on the other hand, it is too quiet.
It is too empty.
I don't like it.

As usual, I am being the contradictory creature that I am.
My mum tends to say to me- "Vick, stop fighting with yourself."
And she is right. I should become more decisive. I should stop changing my mind.
And yes, it is not New Year's. It is not time for resolutions.
But truthfully, there are so many things that each of us should do. However, there is a big difference between whether we have to or just simply should do.
It depends.
But don't take this advice, because I'm contradicting myself as usual.

I was up in my attic yesterday, rummaging around and I found two things.
Firstly, I found some pictures of myself when I was younger. It brought memories back :)
Secondly, I found an old cookbook hidden under the piles of paperwork.
Despite the battered edges and the occasional torn pages, it seems a keeper.
I am planning on making myself a better cook.
And if you have read/seen Julie&Julia, who follows Julia Child's recipes for a whole year, I am not planning on doing that.
I am just planning on learning to cook something more than pasta, chicken and.. cheesecake.
Why did I have to think of that word?
Cheesecake.
Such a good word.
:)

There are many good words in the world.
And I believe that depending on who you are, your good words relate to you.
So each person's good words are unique.
If that makes any sense.
My good words are many. There are so many clouding up my brain at the mo, which means I can't think straight.
No, not really.
I guess..

Talking about words
A friend of mine told me recently that everybody should start using the power of the word "no" in order to get things straight in your life. They said that if you don't want to agree to that, and you know you will regret it immediately, and that it won't be good for you, say no.
"Stop being afraid of confrontation and deal with it" they said.
So conclusion being conclusion:
Don't just say yes to make others happy.
Make yourself happy too.
So today, say no :)

I had the tidy bug yesterday.
It just whizzed past and sat on my head.
So I tidied up some folders that I knew were waiting for me, desperately pleading "tidy me, tidy me" and I also threw out a pile of old magazines and papers which I no longer needed.
It made the house feel much more.. light.
Like a burden was lifted.
The house is now a feather.
I'm just thinking of feathers at the mo, because it is a word in the lyrics of a song which is running through my head.

What I tend to do,
is that I sometimes think in lyrics.
When someone says something, I will just nod my head, as the appropriate lyrics are passing through my mind.
And no, I'm not a walking Ipod.
And I don't think I have OCD as someone suggested last week.
I do not know if he was joking.
I believe it is just my horoscope. :D

Dreams.
Right now I'm talking about the ones you see in your sleep.
I tend to be a restless sleeper.
Sometimes I see dreams; sometimes I don't.
I do lately, but I don't remember them much.
Only if an event later on in the day triggers a memory, then I will remember it.
Kinda.
So it pleasantly surprised me this morning when I could remember it.
I was at the beach, and it was summer. I could feel the sun on my skin. It was very vivid.
And the sea was warm too, which was odd.
But then the scenery changed and I found myself in an empty classroom, and people who I know kept saying stuff, but I couldn't hear it clearly.
I'm not sure what they were saying. I think it was in a different language.
That's all I can remember for now.
I wonder if it will come back to me soon.
Later on in the day perhaps.

Time for horoscope of the day:
Apparently I should :"Out with the old and in with the new. Striking a balance could require a big change". It also adds that "my impulsive side is acting a little crazy today, but not in a scary way. I could end up paying more on something that I don't need."
Hmm.. Very interesting.

Oh look at the time.
I never wear watches by the way. Because then I would be glancing at it every five seconds.
Aside from that, it is time for me to splatter paint.
Not over a wall. Although it would be very creative indeed.
But I have this assignment to finish, no, sorry, begin. And if I don't start now, I don't know when I will.
So paintbrush check.
Paint check.
Paper check.
I just need to find my old paint splattered clothes.
I will report back with my creation.

Dears, guess what?
I will be posting later today or tomorrow. So I will speak to you all later.
Have a happy, fun and marvellous Tuesday :)

xxxx Victoriaaa (:

ps. the photo?
yes it was this lovely flower which was being lonely, as it was sadly lying on the pavement.
I decided to take a photo of itt :)
Tell me what you think.
(:

5 comments:



Danni said...

I really like what your wrote about saying "no." It has happened to me countless times that I say "yes" to appease someone but in the end regret it. I may just try saying "no" a little more often thanks to your post.

Ni said...

There are two ways to make resolutions my friend. Planned resolutions and Spontaneous ones. The latter are the ones that last.

No. *feels better already*

*caugh* Flower picture *cough* I was there *coughcough*

Luv u vi, I'll be seeing you when i get back from me mountain trip.

Victoria Adora said...

Danni, I have to admit that I also say "yes" a lot of the time, just to make someone else happy. In the end I also regret it. So after the advice of a close friend, I decided that perhaps it is time to start sticking up for myself and beginning to say "no". I'm happy it helped you :)
Have a great day!!

Victoria Adora said...

Ad to Ni, I knew it was immediately you, even before reading your name at the top of the post. And I do realize dear that you were there whilst I was taking the picture. I see you like. And I hope you like the mountain. I'm off tomorrow on my little excursion too. So, keep your phone on, you shall be expecting texts.
Viii :))

Miss Lolly Pop Diva said...

My little sisters I just wanna hug you sooo much cuz im in greece visiting some old friends of ours... and i cant really come back cuz of the ash in the atmosphere from that volcanoe ssooo guess il see u 2 in one week or maybe on tuesdayyy :))